I should never go a week with out blogging...I'm ashamed...I usually try to be really good at posting often.
To make up for it, here is a catch-up blog about what's been going on this past week.
I've decided to take advantages of the few times when Raleigh is sleeping and I'm not tired to reorganize our house. I know...that's a big task! So far, I've reorganized our hallway closet that holds our bath towels, toiletries and other stuff; I feel it was a success.
Josh and I drove to my home town last Thursday evening to spend time with family and to attend my Sister-in-law's baby shower yesterday. It was fun to be home.
My brothers, David and Corey, took Josh ice fishing on Friday, and my brother Ryan took Josh fishing early (5 am) Saturday morning. Both times they didn't catch many fish. However, Josh still had a blast. He really likes it when my brothers take him fishing.
We drove home after Barb's baby shower and Raleigh ALMOST slept the whole 3.5 hours...we had to stop about 60 miles from home so I could breast feed him and so Josh could change his diaper.
Picture this- Josh, Winnie, Raleigh and myself parked in a empty church parking lot under a big light...I'm breast feeding Raleigh...Josh is petting Winnie to calm her...and this is all happing in our little two has outgrown our little car.
Anyway, we arrived home last night around 9 pm and I finally listened to my messages on my phone... we don't get service in my home town...I figured it was too late to return phone calls at that time, but if you're a friend of mine and you are reading this blog and you've recently called me...I promise that I'll call you soon.
Raleigh didn't sleep more than 1.5 hours at a time last night so I was tired all day today. Right before this blog, I napped for an hour and a half...it felt great!
Below is a picture that I took when I woke up from my nap, Raleigh and Josh wer lying on the couch watching football. Josh put Raleigh in one of his sweatshirts instead of getting up to get his blanket. It made for a great picture!
This is of Raleigh propped up in our boppy pillow...tip for anyone buying a baby shower gift: if the mom-to-be is going to breastfeed, get her a Boppy pillow, I use it every time I feed Raleigh.
Note: I only placed Raleigh in this pillow so I could take this darling picture; babies Raleigh's age and size should never be left unattended in a boppy pillow.

This is how Raleigh usually spends an hour or two every night while I sleep...resting on the boppy pillow on his Daddy's lap while Daddy plays the X-box.


No comments:
Post a Comment