Monday, August 18, 2008

Wedded Bouncy Weekend: Part 1

Last weekend we were down at Josh's parents. Instead of visiting with Josh's parents, Josh and I were attending the groom's dinner on Friday night and the Wedding of Bobby Clark to Grace Pellow on Saturday.

Unfortunately, Josh was actually an usher in the wedding, which, I thought, meant that I was doomed to loneliness for the reception. This was not the case, however, as I met someone who as also doomed to be as lonely as me. Her name was Kristin, the wife to another of Josh's football buddies. It turns out that she had played softball at Bethel, while I played softball at Concordia. I knew she had looked familiar. :)

Anyway, I wasn't as lonely as I thought I'd be. And Josh and I got two nights in a row out together without Raleigh.

We were lucky that Josh's parent's lived so close to the wedding and that they were so willing to watch our energetic little boy. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Above: Raleigh using a fork to eat the french toast that Grandma Deb made him.
Below: Me in a maternity dress, that according to Josh, made me look like strawberry shortcake. Thanks Josh!


Above: There was a balloon artist at the wedding reception. He made me this stork caring a baby in a basket.

Below: Raleigh in the bouncy blow-up thingy that Steve and Deb set up in their living room for Raleigh.


Above: Raleigh inside the blow-up thingy looking out.

Below: Raleigh mowing the wood floor in his skivies.




1 comment:

Lanae Brown said...

I love your dress! And what a fun bouncy castle thing for Raleigh! You look wonderful!