Isn't it weird to see the word "Blue" in the color green? This reminds me of the "brain testing" that I had to go through my freshman year of hockey. The personal trainers made each freshman go through a series of cognitive tests just so they could document the results. And then if you happened to get a head injury later on, they'd give you the same series of tests and compare the results to see how bad the damage was.
Luckily, I only had to take that test once. But I remember that one of the tests consisted of me having to read a very long paragraph that contained only the words "Blue","Red",and "Green". The words were randomized and each word was printed in a random color. So sometimes the word "Blue" would be in red ink, and other times it would be in blue or green ink.
For the second pass, I had to look at the words and not read the words but state the colors of the ink that the word was printed in.
Ah...those were the days.
Baby Update: I had a doctor's appointment today, and the registration lady said that my doctor was "detained" and asked if I'd rather wait until he was back or if I'd see the nurse practitioner. I understood "detained" to be that he was with another patient who was in labor, but Josh asked me "What does she mean by detained?"
After he asked, I realized how funny it sounds to just say that someone is detained. They could be in jail, they could be in a traffic jam, they could be a lot of things. It makes me wonder if the registration ladies all use that phrase, and if so, why? It seems much easier to say one of his patients is in labor and he's not here right now.
Well, anyway, our baby boy is fine...his heart rate was at 155 beats/min. They weighed me again, and I've gained 5 lbs since my last visit. I'm still in the healthy range of weight gain, so I'm happy about that. I get to go in for office visits every two weeks now, so that means that I'm getting close to the end. YAY!
I'll try to remember to post a new picture of my belly tonight when I get home from work.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment