Thursday, December 14, 2006

8 lbs 4 oz, and no more umbilical cord

Raleigh had his 2 week checkup yesterday and he's gained 1 whole pound since we left the hospital! He's also gained an inch in length. His doctor was very happy at his progress and so were Josh and I.

We've also started using the Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers yesterday, and they work really well so far. I'll be doing my first load of diaper laundry today, yay!

This morning, when I changed Raleigh's diaper, I noticed that his umbilical cord had finally fallen off. I'm sure this had nothing to do with how his doctor manhandled it at his visit yesterday. Here I was, being sure not to bump it or touch it, and treating it like it was this fragile thing and then the doctor lifted it up and twisted it like it was a toy.

Also, yesterday, the most amazing thing happened; I think that Raleigh giggled at me, or not at me, but at something. I'm not sure how early babies can giggle, but I'm pretty sure that was a giggle that came out of him.

Well things are going really well and Josh and I are having a wonderful time being parents.

Daddy and Raleigh after Raleigh's bath.

Raleigh in his bright orange Fuzzi Bunz cloth diaper.


And a better picture of Mommy and Raleigh.

No comments: