Friday, April 13, 2007

His First Cold

I believe that Raleigh has his first cold. He's stuffed up and has been coughing every now and then. It's hard to keep his nose clean because the snot dries quicker than we can wipe it off. Sorry if you were reading this blog while eating.

Even so, Raleigh is still a very happy baby; He must not realize he has a cold.





Josh is making his Mom's oatmeal bread today, and I guess I am going to attempt homemade chicken noodle soup. Hopefully they both turn out edible.

When Josh started the bread, he realized that the yeast that we had in our cupboard expired in 2003...oops...so I went to the grocery store to get some more. While I was there, I noticed a mom and her four kids. She had 2 boys and 2 girls, the oldest boy was pushing the shopping cart with the oldest girl in it, and the other boy was pushing a stroller with the youngest girl in it.

The mom looked about my age, but she didn't look happy...she snapped at the boys, who looked like they were being a wonderful help to her...and the kids look unkept and they weren't smiling either. I can imagine that it would be difficult having four children so close in age and I am not trying to judge the woman.

The reason I am even writing about her and her four kids is because it reminded me of my childhood except the opposite. My brothers and I were always smiling and so were our parents. Trips to the grocery store were fun...and if they were hectic for our mom, she did a good job of hiding it. I guess I am trying to say that I'm very grateful that my mother was able to handle four kids and make it fun for us to grow up.

Thanks Mom!

No comments: