Monday, May 28, 2007

Fabulously fun weekend

What a great long weekend. Josh, Raleigh, Winnie, and I hung out quite a bit this weekend and it was fun.

On Saturday, Josh helped his brother Jamie move while Raleigh and I hung out together during the day. Later that night, Josh and I joined my sister-in-law, Erika, to watch Pirates of the Carribean 3: At World's End. Raleigh was left in good hands with a friend from work and her husband.

I think we'll need to start going to earlier movies from now on though. I didn't realize how late that it would get for Raleigh to be kept out.

Yesterday, I mulched a large bricked-off area of our back yard...something I should have done two years ago :). And I got closer to finishing Raleigh's room.

In the past week, Raleigh's graduated to eating solid foods twice a day. Breastmilk is still his main food source though. Feeding a baby solid foods is a good way to really understand the phrase "What goes in must come out." I could definitely tell that Raleigh has been eating bananas. And today, before our walk, Josh asked me if was using vinegar for something. When I responded no, Josh just had to find out where that smell was coming from.

Turns out it was Raleigh...and the banana, rice cereal, and apple combination we fed him for lunch comes out smelling like vinegar. I find that funny because Josh hates, and I mean HATES, the smell of vinegar. I should have had the camera out to take a picture of Josh with his shirt over his nose while he changed Raleigh's diaper.

Other highlights from this weekend, include:

Molasses cookies.



Fun with Raleigh.


No comments: