Monday, September 17, 2007

Money

This blog is about money.


Slowly, Josh and I have been chipping away at the debt that we incurred from our Wedding. We haven't used a credit card in over two years now. Applause, please! That is a huge accomplishment in our culture.



Well, the purpose of this post is to solicite excitement from you all in the fact that Josh and I no longer have any debt that did not stem from a mortgage or a student loan. Yay for us! We are high-interest-rate debt free.

And now, we can start planning for the "Grow Money" phase of our lives.



Our current plan (I say "current" because we change plans often) is to purchase a plot of land that we will eventually build on.

I know my life seems to be copying the big events of Lanae's life (She got married, I got married. She had a kid, I had a kid. She bought a plot of land, we're trying to), I swear that is not my intent.


It is just impossible to find a house in our area that has a garage that will be suitable for building a personal training gym on top of. Josh is planning to personal train out of the home and I don't want strangers walking through my house.


We'll keep you posted on the progress of the "current" plan.

1 comment:

Lanae Brown said...

Shyla, you crack me up! I think a lot of people do those things in that order, not just us! But congrats on being high interest debt free! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it! We only use credit cards to get the reward points, but we pay them off every month. We figure we'll make money off them, not the other way around! Good luck finding a lot! Pick something that's just out of town, because the city will eventually grow and for now, your taxes will be dirt cheap!!!