So, we began the laborious task of refreshing our kitchen. The picture below is how our kitchen looked before we bought our house. It hasn't changed much since.
Phase 1 is all about making the existing kitchen cabinets look pretty. This past weekend, we removed all cabinet doors, removed all hardware from doors and cabinets, filled all of the holes in doors and cabinets with wood filler, and we sanded all of the doors.
I also primed the inside bottom of the base cabinets. Tomorrow when I get home from work, we'll be priming the doors.
We've also decided on the color that we'll be painting the walls in the kitchen although that is part of a different phase of the refresh.
Our hope is that we'll have the cabinet and doors painted by Friday, and then we'll spend Friday evening and Saturday morning installing the hardware and hanging the doors. Just in time for grilling out!
We're on schedule right now, so hopefully the weather cooperates with us.
In case you're curious, here are the rest of the phases for the Kitchen refresh.
Phase 1: Cabinets = Pretty
Phase 2: Icky baby blue countertop and chipped porcelain sink = Disappear
Phase 3: Existing floor - carpet and linoleum + tiles = Pretty
Phase 4: Paint walls pretty color
Phase 5: Stainless steel stove and refrigerator
On a side note: Josh called me a project nazi a few times this weekend and I think he also called me a slave driver once or twice. Let's just say that if it weren't for me, we would never finish any of the projects that we start.

1 comment:
Oh Shyla, you crack me up! I love that your updates are making things "pretty"! And it takes someone to be the project nazi right?! Good luck, I can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment