Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yay! the weekend is here!

Jamie 005

I'm not sure it felt like that for the rest of you, but last week felt like it went on forever.

I took yesterday off of work and went furniture shopping. Josh and I had previously decided on a sofa and chair from one of the furniture retailers here in town, so I went to see if it was on sale yet. The sofa was marked down 15 %. And on top of that it was marked down 10 % because it was the floor model that they were selling.

Well, the floor model sofa wasn't the size that I wanted, and they had a brand new one in the size that I wanted, however it was in Coon Rapids.

Originally, the sofa and chair were priced at over $1500.00, after the sale, they were marked at $1297.00. Remember that is for the floor models that the salesman and I were sitting on while we chatted prices.

Well, the haggler that I am, I was able to purchase the brand new sofa that was the size I wanted, that has a warranty, and the floor model chair for $1000.

I love furniture shopping.  :) I will post pictures of the new couch and chair later today. Also, my mom should be arriving here around 10 am today.

No comments: