Yup, today marks the day that I purchased my first vehicle. Don't get me wrong...I've owned vehicles before. However, I have never actually purchased a vehicle.
My first vehicle was given to me by my parents. It was a 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra . My second vehicle was also purchased by my parents for me. It was an 1980 Oldsmobile Omega with bright red interior and only an AM radio. I heard a lot of "I'm Henry the eighth I am, Henry the eighth I am I am....I've been married to the widow next door.." Ok, you get the picture.
My third car was a 1995 Dodge Neon. The Neon was my favorite. I learned to drive a stick shift because of that car which was another gift from my parents. Yes, I know... they treated me very well growing up.
The car that we currently drive is a Ford Escort ZX2 Sport. It is only a two-door vehicle...so you can see the troubles with having to get a toddler in and out of a car seat. Imagine where we'd be with another baby added into the mix. The Ford Escort was purchased by Josh while I was in New York City with my mom. Josh and I had only been dating for about 3-4 months at the time.
Now, we're the proud owners of a 2005 Ford Escape. It only had 37,000 miles on it...can you believe it? The previous owner only drove it back and forth between Perham and Detroit Lakes. So it's mostly highway miles.
Anyway, it's dark out now, so I don't have pictures up yet, but I'll post some tomorrow. I am super excited though!
UPDATED: Pictures added below.

No comments:
Post a Comment