I have never admired a politician as much as I admire Barack Obama. I'm not going to tell you why I admire him, I am going to provide you with a location where you can hear what he is all about.
If you only ever listen to him speak once, this should be what you listen to.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/hisownwords
He is eloquent and sincere and some day, I will play this speech for my son.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Platitudes, Platitudes, Platitudes. So you admire a man who refuses to repudiate the words of his pastor: “God damn America!” Obama’s speech was actually a validation of the words of a racist, hate monger. Obama does have a great speech writer who can spin empty rhetoric very skillfully, and, unfortunately, he is therefore able to tickle the ears of the gullible to his political advantage. When Raleigh reads this speech as an adult some day, he will be able thank Obama and his ilk for confiscatory taxes, and inferior government-run health care system and limited opportunities because of the collapse of the capitalism that fuels our economy and keeps our country great and strong and the power it is in this world. I am glad that I am too old to live to see it, but I fear for my grandchildren whose lives will be the poorer because of the rise of socialism that this generation is allowing to grow. Have you actually researched his record on abortion, taxes, or anything else? Here is a challenge for you, since you state you will not come up with a reason for your admiration of this politician. Do it now. State your reason(s). What are his accomplishments and qualifications that would make him a good President of the United States, and Commander in Chief? I think it will be hard to answer this question, but since he has a chance to be elected, I’d love to have some basis for the hope that he keeps talking about.nsclxa
I think that you want me to say the following, to prove you right.
"I haven't researched him at all, I just think he's a pretty face that keeps saying 'hope, hope, hope', I am dumb and gullible and I really don't base my opinion on anything logical."
Well, I think we both know that's not the case. I wouldn't support just anyone, and I don't blindly follow any one specific party.
I have researched Barack and abortion, and the one bill that you mention on your blog as being the sole reason that you will never even consider Barack Obama is one of the reasons that I choose him. Gasp! Do I think that Doctor's should be allowed to kill a child just because he/she isn't wanted. NO! not at all. But I understand why Barack voted "present" for that specific bill. He voted present because he was smart enough to see that if the bill actually passed, there was enough word magic in there to essentially make all abortions illegal. Which is against what he believes. He was smart enough to read between the lines and see the bill for what it was...an attempt to make abortion illegal through fancy word work.
I hesitated to explain myself at all to you, who is so opposed to one person because of one vote on one bill.
But there, you are, there is just one reason that I like Barack Obama. I'm sure we can continue this in e-mail if you'd like.
p.s. I'm not sure which speech you listened to, but Barack specifically said "I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy." He continues to say "As such, Reverend Wright's comments were not only wrong but divisive, divisive at a time when we need unity; racially charged at a time when we need to come together to solve a set of monumental problems - two wars, a terrorist threat, a falling economy, a chronic health care crisis and potentially devastating climate change; problems that are neither black or white or Latino or Asian, but rather problems that confront us all."
Post a Comment