Sunday, October 07, 2007

News from Virginia

My mother flew out to Virginia Beach, VA, for Heather's funeral. I've spoken with her a few times since she's been there, but I haven't had much time to talke with her.

She said the funeral was good. Heather's sister, Becki, put together a beautiful slide show of images of Heather. And there were a lot of people who attended. Mom compared the amount of people to the number that attended my best friend's funeral back in 2002. We thought a lot of people showed up for that funeral, and Mom said that even more showed up for Heather's.

I'm glad that Mom was able to fly out to be with her sister during this difficult time. It sounds like her help is very much welcomed. I wish I could be there to help as well, but having a 10 1/2 month old who is still nursing makes that a bit difficult.

No comments: